The track category is the heading under which your abstract will be reviewed and later published in the conference printed matters if accepted. During the submission process, you will be asked to select one track category for your abstract.
LASER stands for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. We all know that light is an electromagnetic wave. Each wave has its own brightness and colour, and vibrates at a certain angle, called polarization. This theory also applies to laser light but it is more parallel than any other light source. Every part of the beam has almost exact same direction and so the beam will diverge very little. With a good laser an object at a distance of 1 km can be illuminated with a dot about 60 mm in radius. As it is so parallel, it can be focused to very small diameters where concentration of light energy becomes so high that you can drill, cut, or turn with the ray. It is also possible to illuminate and examine very tiny details with the lasers, thus it is used in surgical applications and CD players as also. It can also be made very monochromic, thus only one light wavelength is present. This is not the instance with the ordinary light sources. White light contains all colours in the spectrum, but even a coloured light, such as a red LED contains a repeated interval of red wavelengths.
- Track 1-1Laser Sources
- Track 1-2Micro/Nano Applications
- Track 1-3Solid State Lasers: Technology and Devices
- Track 1-4Fibre Lasers: Technology and Systems
- Track 1-5High Power Lasers for Fusion Research
- Track 1-6Semiconductor Nanostructures for Electronics and Optoelectronics
There are some surgical operations that are perplexing to perform with the conventional scalpel. Initial trials with laser beam showed that a finely focused beam from a carbon dioxide gas laser could cut through human tissue effortlessly and neatly. The surgeon could direct the beam from any angle by using a mirror attached on a movable metal arm. Therefore, now a day’s laser beam is the most desirable tool which is used as a standby for the conventional blade to perform difficult surgeries. Lasers were considered as most effective in operating on parts that are easy to reach-areas on the body's exterior, including the ears, skin, mouth, eyes and nose. But in recent years doctors have established the remarkable progress in emerging laser techniques for use in internal exploration and surgery. For illustration lasers are gradually used to clean plaque from people's arteries.
- Track 2-1Laser Tissue Interaction
- Track 2-2Laser Micro and Nano surgery
- Track 2-3Optical Coherence Tomography
- Track 2-4Laser Digital Interferometry and Holography
- Track 2-5Laser Speckle Imaging Methods
Optoelectronics is the field of technology that associates the physics of light with electricity. It incorporates the design, study and manufacture of hardware devices that convert electrical signals into photon signals and photons signals to electrical signals. Any device that operates as an electrical-to-optical or optical-to-electrical is considered an optoelectronic device. Optoelectronics is built up on the quantum mechanical effects of light on electronic materials, sometimes in the presence of electric fields, especially semiconductors. Optoelectronic technologies comprise of laser systems, remote sensing systems, fibre optic communications, optical information systems, and electric eyes medical diagnostic systems.
- Track 3-1Optoelectronic Devices and Materials
- Track 3-2Semiconductor Materials and Application
- Track 3-3MEMS and NEMS
- Track 3-4Optoelectronic Instrumentation, Measurement and Metrology
- Track 3-5Optoelectronic Integrated Circuits
- Track 3-6Nano-optoelectronics
Optical communications networks are enhancing a vital role such as there is high demand for capacity links. DWDM which means dense wavelength division multiplexing is widely deployed at the core networks to deliver high capacity transport systems. Optical components such as, tunable filters, termination devices, optical amplifiers transceivers, and add-drop multiplexers are becoming more trustworthy and affordable. Access network and metropolitan area networks are increasingly built with optical technologies to overcome the electronic blockage at network edges. Subsystems and new components for very high speed optical networks offer a new design options. Free-space optical communication has been arranged in space, while terrestrial forms are naturally limited by weather, geography and the availability of light.
- Track 4-1Fiber optics communication
- Track 4-2Optical signal communication
- Track 4-3Design management and optical networks
- Track 4-4Novel optical networks elements
- Track 4-5Optical fiber manufacturers and business analysis
- Track 4-6Advances in optical fiber communications
Nano photonics is the study of the behavior of light on the nano meter scale, and of the interaction of nano meter-scale objects with light. It is a branch of optics, electrical engineering, and nanotechnology. It often involves metallic components, which can transport and focus light by means of surface plasmon polaritons. Bio photonics can also be described as the advance and application of optical techniques particularly imaging, to study of biological molecules, tissue and cells. One of the main benefits of using optical techniques which make up bio photonics is that they reserve the reliability of the biological cells being examined, i.e. scattering material, on a microscopic or
- Track 5-1Photonic Therapeutics and Diagnostics
- Track 5-2Neurophotonics, Neurosurgery and Optogenetics
- Track 5-3Advanced Optical Techniques for Diagnostics
- Track 5-4Tissue Optics, Laser-Tissue Interaction and Tissue Engineering
- Track 5-5Clinical Technologies and Systems
A quantum sensor is the device that exploits quantum correlations such as quantum entanglement to achieve sensitivity or the resolution that is better than can attain using only classical systems. A quantum sensor can measure effect of quantum state of alternative system by itself. The simple act of measurement influences quantum state and varies the probability and the uncertainty associated with its state during measurement. Quantum sensor is the term used in other settings wherever entangled quantum systems are browbeaten to make better more sensitive magnetometers or atomic clocks. Quantum Photonics is to explore the fundamental features of quantum mechanics and also the work towards future photonic quantum technologies by manipulating, generating and measuring single photons as well as the quantum systems that emit photons. The market for quantum dots-built products such as new television screens is projected to reach $3.5 billion by 2020. The majority of this growth will come from increased demand in the US.
- Track 6-1Single-Photon Sources, Integration and Characterization
- Track 6-2Single-Photon Detectors, Electronics and Time-Taggers
- Track 6-3Photon-Counting and Photon-Number Resolved Faint-Light Measurements
- Track 6-4Photon-counting and Quantum Imaging
- Track 6-5Quantum-Enabled Measurements, Characterization and Quantum Metrology
Applications of photonics are abundant. They include in our everyday life to the most advanced science, e.g. information processing, light detection, spectroscopy, telecommunications, lighting, information processing, lighting, metrology, laser material processing, spectroscopy, medicine, military technology, bio photonics, agriculture, robotics, and visual art.
- Track 7-1Fiber optics components, equipment and systems
- Track 7-2Optical materials and substrates
- Track 7-3Microscopes and telescopes
- Track 7-4Precision fabrication
- Track 7-5Optics for astronomy
Optical physics is a study of atomics and molecules. It is the study of electromagnetic radiation, the interaction and the properties of that radiation, with matter, especially its manipulation and control. It differs from general optics and optical engineering, however among optical physics, applied optics, and optical engineering, the applications of applied optics and the devices of optical engineering are necessary for basic research in optical physics, and that research takes to the development of new devices and applications. Major study in optical physics is also keen to quantum optics and coherence. In optical physics, research is also stimulated in areas such as ultra-short electromagnetic fields, the nonlinear response of isolated atoms to intense, quantum properties of the electromagnetic field, and the atom-cavity interaction at high fields
- Track 8-1Nano-Scale, Sub-Wavelength Sized, Plasmonic Lasers and Polariton Lasers
- Track 8-2Quantum Well and Dot Lasers
- Track 8-3Tunable and/or Single -Mode Lasers
- Track 8-4Integrated Laser Structures Hybrid and Epitaxial Si-Based Lasers
- Track 8-5Novel Laser Structures and Applications
- Track 8-6UV Lasers, Visible Lasers, Near-Infrared Lasers, Mid- To Far-Infrared Lasers
An optical fiber is a flexible as well as transparent fiber made by silica glass or plastic to a diameter slightly thicker than that of a human hair. Optical fibers are used mostly to transmit light between the two ends of the fiber and widely used in fiber-optic communications, unlike cable wires optical fiber permits transmission over longer distances and at higher bandwidths than wire cables. Instead of metal wires fibers are used because signals travel along them with lesser amounts of loss; in addition to this fiber are also safe to electromagnetic interference, a problem to which metal wires suffer excessively. Specially designed fibers are also used for a various other application, some of them being fiber lasers and fiber optic sensors.
- Track 9-1Fiber lasers
- Track 9-2Free space communications
- Track 9-3Fiber laser applications
- Track 9-4Vertical external cavity surface-emitting lasers
- Track 9-5Fiber laser manufacturing in industries and business opportunities
- Track 9-6Fiber lasers and amplifiers
A quantum detector could be a device that exploits quantum correlations, like a quantum trap, to attain a sensitivity or resolution that's higher than will be achieved exploitation only classical systems. A quantum device will measure the impact of the quantum state of another system on itself. The mere act of measure influences the quantum state and alters the likelihood and uncertainty related to its state throughout measuring. The Defense, Advanced analysis comes Agency has recently launched a search program in optical quantum sensors that seeks to use concepts from quantum science and quantum imaging, like quantum lithography and also the noon state, so as to attain these goals with optical sensing element systems like measuring system. Quantum detector is additionally a term utilized in different settings wherever entangled quantum systems are exploited to form higher atomic clocks or a lot of sensitive magnetometers. The marketplace for a quantum dots primarily based product, such as new tv screens, is projected to achieve $3.5 billion by 2020. The bulk of this growth can return from enlarged demand in the United States.
- Track 10-1Quantum-Enabled Measurements, Characterization and Quantum Metrology
- Track 10-2Photon-counting and Quantum Imaging
- Track 10-3Photon-Counting and Photon-Number Resolved Faint-Light Measurements
- Track 10-4Single-Photon Detectors, Electronics and Time-Taggers
Lasers emit high-intensity light beams. In laser and optical technologies, professionals channel these beams for use in scientific instruments, engineering, biomedical research, communication and medicine. Furthermore, laser and optical technology can further the fields of medicine.
- Track 11-1Column laser technology
- Track 11-2Optical manipulation techniques, spectroscopies, and scattering techniques
- Track 11-3Lasers and semiconductors
- Track 11-4Metrology instrumentation
- Track 11-5Optical coatings