Optoelectronics is the field of technology that associates the physics of light with electricity. It incorporates the design, study and manufacture of hardware devices that convert electrical signals into photon signals and photons signals to electrical signals. Any device that operates as an electrical-to-optical or optical-to-electrical is considered an optoelectronic device. Optoelectronics is built up on the quantum mechanical effects of light on electronic materials, sometimes in the presence of electric fields, especially semiconductors. Optoelectronic technologies comprise of laser systems, remote sensing systems, fibre optic communications, optical information systems, and electric eyes medical diagnostic systems.
- Track 1-1 Optoelectronic Devices and Materials
- Track 2-2 Semiconductor Materials and Application
- Track 3-3 MEMS and NEMS
- Track 4-4 Optoelectronic Instrumentation, Measurement and Metrology
- Track 5-5 Optoelectronic Integrated Circuits
- Track 6-6 Nano-optoelectronics